Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

High School

http://www.classreport.org/usa/tx/spring/shs/1987/

Spring High School class of 1987 page. The reunion is scheduled for Friday, November 9. I can try to go to the party on Friday and then head to San Antonio on Saturday to pick up my packet for the marathon.

Right now, I'm kind of torn. Part of me does not really care about this, a part of me is afraid to face the people that I've hurt, another part of me is morbidly curious as to how people turned out and part of me wants to show people that I grew out of my socially-awkward jerk stage. It mortifies me that stage of life is the only way some people know me.

I saw the personal website of a girl that I was friends with in high school. Wow, she turned out to be quite a hottie. I'm tempted to contact her but she is one of the people that I hurt back then. Difficult to begin a message with a plea for forgiveness. I should do it. The worst thing that could happen is that she would tell me to piss off. I wouldn't blame her. She wasn't that sort of person back then so I cannot imagine she would do that now.

The hardest part of this whole high school reunion thing is facing the person I was. My God, I really dislike the person I was but that is part of the person I am now.

1 comment:

Lizard Eater said...

Hey, we were practically neighbors. I went to Oak Ridge High, class of 87.

Having gone to my reunion ... Go. You'll be glad you did.