Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Slowly killing me

It's slowly killing me too, but in a good way.

Dolly said the same thing on stage during poetry reading night at the coffee house but she did so in a whiskey fueled rage. The manager threw her out after she threw the half empty bottle at a heckler. Her parents sent her to her room. The stuffed animals appreciate the poetry in her spare prose even if her brother, Billy, with his narrow-minded concepts about poetry does not. The goldfish does not care.

Young Mary is so overwhelmed by an actual act of kindness that she vows never to engage in those sorts of acts herself. Just spout platitudes and meddle and pretend that this is kindness. Action only leads to pain. Pain is bad.

Here's a quote that Mary should consider adding to her repertoire:
"If only I could throw away the urge to trace my patterns in your heart, I could really see you." - David Brandon (Zen in the Art of Helping). Following that advice would cause Mary's reason for being to cease.

Mary Worth's story is slowly killing me, but not in a good way.

No comments: