Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Infinite Project



Eww! Did not see that coming. Neither did the old man.

I have a project at work that I do not want to do. The guidelines change and no one is cooperating. Employee turn over does not help either. The project is important to the boss. I've shown him more interesting things that I've worked on but I get a "that's nice, but how about this project?" It seemed like a neat project when I volunteered but the factors mentioned above have ruined it and the idea that seemed sound initially has morphed, upon reflection, into something not so good. The meeting effect - dumb ideas sound brilliant in a group setting. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to convince anyone that approach originally suggested will not work very well. I work on the project in short bursts. Things change that alter the project. This thing could go on forever. A lot of ink, time, paper and energy will be wasted. Time for a career evaluation.

I bought "Resumes that Knock Them Dead" and "Cover Letters that Knock Them Dead" at a garage sale. I got them for free because the lady did not want to break a 5 dollar bill just for 25 cents. This inspired a gag. I can't get a job because my resume and cover letter keeps killing potential employers. The resume serial killer strikes again! Just HR people - no big loss.

I really need to update the resume and learn to write a cover letter. Some aspects of this job nibble at my soul.

No comments: