Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Comic women

Looks like Harriet has had some work done. Maybe she used her third eye as stuffing for her top.


Too funny. As a kid, I remember watching a Popeye cartoon that featured the scenario of a woman U.S. President. Olive Oyl wore a pants suit and high heeled shoes and she looked good. Rather attractive according to my memory. She also exuded confidence in the way she moved about in the Oval Office. Popeye sort of stood off to the side. He wore a suit instead of the usual sailor clothes. I checked the Big Cartoon Database but came up empty. Could be the product of a fevered childhood imagination. I have trouble distinguishing childhood dreams, memories and T.V. shows. I used to think the "The Bugaloos" were one of my weird childhood dreams until I found outside confirmation. The work of Sid and Marty Krofft had that effect on a lot of people.

The Popeye sequence I think I watched was musical with Olive Oyl doing most of the singing. I'm sure it was a Fleischer produced rather than Hanna-Barbara. Does anyone else remember this?

------------------------------------------------
I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by church business but it's just all the things that need to be done before the congregational meeting. The feeling will pass.

No comments: