Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Beware Evildoer!

I've enjoyed my adventures in the UU blogosphere so far. I find the great "brown bag" debate amusing. Ms. Theologian has links to the original articles and responses here. (Thank you for putting it in one convenient place).

I'm more in the "this silliness diminishes serious anti-oppression work" camp. I wonder if all oppression were eliminated what would the anti-oppression people do? I support removing oppression and racism and discrimination but the thing missing from all these eradication plans are benchmarks. What does a world without these evils look like? I can imagine it but is my vision the same as anyone elses's? How will we know when we get there?

Aside from those musings, this image popped into my mind while watching the conversation:


I can see a costumed crime fighter shouting, "Halt, evildoer! or I shall smite you with my BROWN BAG O' JUSTICE!" Imagine the voice of Patrick Warburton (Brock Samson from Venture Brothers) or maybe Charlton Heston. Just for fun shout it to a co-worker with a sense of humor or to your partner while in the bedroom.

I have found that progressive types do not react very well to my attempts at levity. I'll see what happens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coming soon to a UU church near you:

BRAVEBAG, the epic adventure, starring Mel Gibson and William Sinkford.

"They may take our lives, but they'll never take. . . OUR BROWN BAGS!"

Toonhead said...

Thanks for the laugh! Very funny! :)

Ellis said...

Silliness is the right word. Well, I might be harsher, but it's one of the right words, and this discussion has been really embarrassing. I say more here.