Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Running Log

This week I ran 9.41 miles, burned 1195.5 calories and weigh 173.6 pounds.

Monday: 3.26 miles in 35:00
Wednesday: 2.40 miles in 25:00
Friday: 3.75 miles in 45:00

I skipped Saturday because I was tired. I did not run as fast on Friday because I had not fully recovered. Since I'm not training for a race I plan on backing off on the amount of time spent running. Focus on shorter but more intense running sessions and weight training for awhile.

If I run the Miracle Match Marathon in Waco in October I will need to resume training in June or July. I would like to attempt to train for a marathon solo just to see if I can do it. If not the Waco Marathon then maybe take another crack at a 50K if there will be one at Lake Bryan this year.

I recently acquired a book on running for women by the editors of Runner's World magazine at a garage sale. I got a lot of things for free this past Saturday because people did not want to make change for a 5 dollar bill just for a 25 cent item. For a fair number of people the effort to dig around for $4.75 (four $1 bills and 3 quarters) was not worth 25 cents. I will check out the training information in this book.

No comments: