Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Secretarial Violence and Hot Pockets

Ed Crankshaft has seen a few offices. He knows how deadly secretarial violence can become. Wielded by the right hands, a Swingline stapler can be quite deadly. I can build an IED with my office equipment. Don't tick me off or I won't build that chart from Excel data for your ass. I can understand the secretarial violence in Iraq, if Office 2007 has been implemented across the country. I almost engaged in secretarial violence, this morning, attempting to do something in Excel 2007 that was so simple in Excel 2003. Ended up doing it in Excel 2003 because I did not have the time to explore and learn the nuances of 2007. Yes, software implementation without training can lead to secretarial violence. Only Batuik would use violence and destruction as a set up for a lame pun.


The always amusing Ink Pen can be found here. Read it and other comics at GoComics.com and wonder why with so much brilliance to choose from that newspaper editors still run Cathy on the comics page. This Ink Pen cracked me up because I just finished the chapter in the God Delusion about the burnt offerings that Yahweh always demanded. I have read the Old Testament and often wondered why Jehovah was into barbecue. Since the God of Israel no longer requires barbecue I wonder what he accepts now. Hot Pockets!

I have more entries in my head about my fishing trip and Cindy Sheehan's resignation from the peace movement. Those will come later.

I'm bringing Abbey and Loki home from the boarding kennel this afternoon. I will be glad to see them. My workout for the afternoon will consist of cleaning the house and the backyard. Trying to get everything back in order after a vacation.

No comments: