Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Last Board Meeting

I conducted my last church board meeting last night. Next month's meeting I sit around and look cute and offer occasional bits of wisdom as immediate past president.

The meeting went relatively smoothly. Next year's board president has stronger organizational skills.

I would do it again if asked. I would do some things differently. Familiarize myself with the by-laws. Make fewer unilateral decisions. Devote more time to preparing for meetings. Pay attention to more details.

Fortunately, I served with people who have strengths to counteract my weaknesses. I've grown from this experience and I think I helped make a real difference in the future of the church.

I look forward to the next phase of my ministry.

No comments: