Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Running Log, Congregational Meeting and Other Things

This week I ran/ rowed 13.35 miles, burned 1638.6 calories and weigh 175.2 pounds.

Monday: ran 2.97 miles in 35:00
Tuesday: rowed 2.26 miles in 20 minutes
Wednesday: ran 3.10 miles on a nature trail and some sprints for about 35 minutes
Thursday: rowed 1.76 miles in 15 minutes
Friday: ran 3.26 miles in the park for about 35 minutes

Rather enjoyed the change in routine, especially using the rowing machine. Have become somewhat adept at changing clothes using the car doors as a stall. I wear t-shirts under my other shirts so the only problem is changing from pants to shorts. Someone could have seen me without my pants if they walked or drove up at the right time and angle. I tried to make the change quickly. My car is too small and I'm not limber enough to change completely enclosed in the car. If I planned a bit better I could have changed in my office before leaving work but the decision to run outside instead of in the gym was a spontaneous one based upon the weather.

-----------------------------------------

The congregational meeting lasted less than 2 hours and went pretty smoothly. I was too nervous to sit so I stood or walked around with the microphone throughout this meeting. I received a nice bouquet of roses in recognition for my year as Board President. I think I might have smiled a bit too much after the meeting adjourned. I will still serve on the Board as Past-President. I will not have voting privileges, just wisdom. Very capable people will serve on the next Board. I don't officially leave office until May 31.

Rev. Teri preached a great sermon and led an interesting worship service that provided a great lead-in to the congregational meeting. The entire congregation got up and had to sit elsewhere and next to someone else. It did add another perspective. Seeing things with new eyes. I'm sure the new Board members will do the same thing. See things with new eyes.

I enjoyed serving as Board President and look forward to seeing things through the eyes of Past President.

----------------------------------

Walter and I celebrate 13 years of marriage. The lace anniversary. We ate out last night and ate some ice cream at Ben and Jerry's today after the meeting. Right now, everyone except me, is taking a nice Sunday afternoon nap. I think I will join them.

No comments: